You will need to bring the following documents on your court date:
- original or certified copy of the deed
- the lease for the apartment (even if it is expired)
- certified copies of registration statements (DHCR or MDR)
- record book or computer rent breakdown
- any other relevant documents
Note: If you are unable to get certain documents, or if a witness refuses to come to court, you may ask for a subpoena. A subpoena is a document that orders someone, including a city or state agency, to appear or produce documents. You can get more information on subpoenas from the Housing Court Help Center.