Suggested Topics
Suggested Terms
For Tenants
For Landlords

What happens in court?

What to expect if you are going to housing court without a lawyer.

Do I need an order to show cause?

File an order to show cause (OSC) to ask the judge for a new court date.

What is a stipulation?

A written agreement about how the court case is settled. It is written up after a negotiation.

What will happen during an eviction?

A marshal or sheriff can only evict you with permission of the court. A marshal will make all the tenants leave the apartment and change the locks.