Suggested Topics
Suggested Terms
For Tenants
For Landlords

What is a holdover case?

If your landlord wants you out of the apartment, he has to start a holdover case.

Holdovers in Unregulated Apartments

If you live in a private house, a rented room, or another type of unregulated housing, and you don’t have a lease or the lease is expired, the landlord does not need to have a good reason to have you evicted. At the hearing, you and the landlord will try to come to an agreement about how much time you will get to move out and whether or not you will have to pay any money for rent, use and occupancy or arrears.